- Small step in with the left foot.
- Rotating around into a sitting stance with simultaneous reverse knife hand chop with the right hand and single knife hand block with the left hand.
- Bring right foot to meet the left. Raising up onto the balls of the feet chop to the neck. (Ki-Hap)
- Return knife hand to preparation and lower back to ground.
- Inside swing kick with the right foot, returning to ready stance.
- Stepping behind lead foot of attacker into a sitting stance with a right single knife hand chop to the back of the neck.
- Move right foot back to left. Rotating around, striking to the gut with left elbow. (Ki-Hap)
- Inside swing kick with the left foot, returning to ready stance.
- Round house to the temple with the right foot, setting down into a sitting stance.
- Simultaneous single knife hand block to wrist with left hand and punch to the temple with the right hand.
- Grabbing the wrist with the left hand, pulling in, while performing a twist punch with the right hand. (Ki-hap)
- Stepping with the right foot across the left, avoiding the attackers punch.
- Rotate around and perform an outer palm strike to the arm.
- High punch to the temple followed by a low punch.
- Round house to the solar plexus.
- Setting the foot down behind the opponent and perform a right single knife hand chop to the back of the neck. (Ki-hap)
- Step with the left foot across the right and rotate on the placed left foot into a sitting stance.
- Do two knife hand blocks to the upper arm.
- Step out with the right foot into a front stance and execute a back middle punch with the left hand.
- Bring the right foot back to meet the left in a cat stance. At the same time perform a fist and elbow strike to the head with the right arm.
- Lunge forward with an elbow strike. (Ki-hap)
- Step forward into a right front stance and execute a double inner palm block.
- In the same stance, execute a spear finger attack with the right hand.
- Step back slightly to perform a hook kick to the head. (Ki-hap)
- Start in a left back stance.
- Perform a front kick with the left leg to the arm, knocking it out of the way.
- Execute a round house to the temple with the right leg.
- Perform a vertical backfist to the bridge of the nose. (Ki-hap)
- Left inside swing block to the forearm.
- Right roundhouse to the temple.
- Step outside lead leg and perform a right knife hand chop to the neck. (Ki-hap)
- Small step in with the left foot followed by a right axe kick to the forearm.
- Step outside lead leg and performa a right knife hand chop to the neck.
- Slide left foot closer and come around with a left elbow to the temple. (Ki-hap)
- Rotate into a right elbow to the temple. (Ki-hap)
- Side step to the left and come into a low left front stance striking with the blade of the arm to the ribs.
- Move right foot back to left. Rotating around, striking to the solar plexus with left elbow.
- Sweep legs with right foot, rotating on left knee.
- Stand up and do a low right punch to the bridge of the nose. (Ki-hap)
Here is a video of our 3-steps and 1-steps as demonstrated by two high belts from an affiliated club at the University of Illinois: